2008 Suzuki GSXR - AArmRacing
"Soldiers Bike WKeiser#183"
About my GSXR
08 Suzuki GSXR 600 – Superbike Setup Track Bike
Original Rider: Javelin Broderick (Now AMA Pro Racer)
Current Rider: William Keiser #183 WERA Mid Atlantic
The bike was bought in late 2009 as a cosmetic salvage. This means that mechanically the bike was perfect but since it was a street bike and had had a crash, it was written off by the insurance company as the bodywork would have outstripped its value.
I do have the title but we never bothered to do anything with it since I had only planned to race it and never street it again.
The motor was built by Grant Matsushima (noted AMA Team Owner and engine builder. Was Danny Eslick’s crewchief for years) November 2010 so there is not any mileage I can give you. Basically the motor was brand new in November. Has maybe 20-26 days on it since it was built.
- Motor was completely disassembled and rebuilt as “blueprint” so all tolerances are carefully checked to match factory design perfection
- Head was decked to raise the compression but not enough to force biannual rebuilds (some need to be rebuilt twice a year, ours is fine)
- All valves were replaced and all bearings.
- Cams were degreed
- Clutch is from an 07. Less but thicker clutch plates
- Cryo-Treated NGK Spark plugs
- Uses a Hindle “Alienhead” exhaust which is rare here in the US.
- Dynojet Powercommander 5, Secondary Fuel Module, Autotune System, Quickshifter
- We dyno’d the bike at Dynojet at Las Vegas and it made about 134 to the wheel on MR12
- Running on Royal Purple XPR Full Synthetic oil and K&N Oil Filters
- K&N “Race Only” highflow air filter
- Straight water with Water Wetter
- Galfer Superbike Rotors + calipers with Galfer braided lines and Sintered race only pads
- Rear rotor and caliper is also wave with Galfer braided lines and Sintered race only pads.
- Using Castrol SRF brake fluid (the best there is)
- Calipers and Master Cylinder were completely rebuilt earlier this year (new seals throughout)
- Antigravuty Superlight Race Battery
- Motion Pro Throttle Tube
- PSR — Supersport clutch lever
- PSR — Shorty brake lever with remote adjuster
- PSR — Clipons
- PSR — Chain adjusters with paddock stand hooks
- PSR — Frame sliders
- Sunstar sprockets front and rear
- Vortex Rearsets
- Zero Gravity Windscreen
- Keyless Ignition with START BUTTON
- All necessary shunts on the electrical to prevent dash codes
- Armor Bodies bodywork completely repainted and designed end of 2011 (has about 4 days on it)
- Setup for a 150-160lbs rider
- Race Tech 25mm cartridges in the front on stock fork externals
- Race Tech G3S Rear Shock (AMA Spec valving)
- Race Tech fork fluid
- PSR — Rotary steering damper
Streets — 1:18
Buttonwillow — 1:54
Las Vegas — 1:20
Fontana — 1:33